Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our Turn to Care for Elderly Loved Ones

Baby Boomers--Sandwiched Between Retirement & Caregiving

Hi:
I'm Sandra Haymon a licensed psychologist aka the Caregiver Guru for the Caregiving Generation. I have spent the past 20 years in various personal caregiver roles, working with other family caregivers, and providing training seminars for healthcare providers. I have written two books about the practical and emotional issues of caregiving and end-of-life concerns.
In 1996 I wrote the first book published in the United States about parenting our parents entitled: My Turn: Caring for Aging Parents & Other Elderly Loved Ones--A Daughter's Perspective. My parents were older when I was born, so I was about 15 years ahead of the curve for most baby boomers when it became my turn to parent my parents. Now, many of the 78 million baby boomers are in the same boat that I was in a few years ago.
My latest book: Baby Boomers--Sandwiched Between Retirement & Caregiving was just released this past year. I hope you will have a look at my website: http://www.BabyBoomersSandwich.com/, and watch my You Tube Video--see below.
I will be sharing information that I have learned over the years which will, hopefully, help others have an easier time as they take their turn as caregiver. I look forward to your questions and comments.
Sincerely,
Sandra-Caregiver Guru for the Caregiver Generation
You Tube Video





No comments:

Post a Comment