Monday, September 20, 2010

Baby Boomers Remember The 5th. Dimension

Milions of us Baby Boomers became of age listening to The Age of Aquarius and the incredible music of The 5th. Dimension.

The original group consisted of Lamonte McLemore, Marilyn McCoo, Florence LaRue, Ron Townson, and Billy Davis Jr.

Some of my favorite songs include Stoned Soul Picnic, Wedding Bell Blues, Going Out of My Head, Never My Love, Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In, Up, Up and Away....well, actually I loved everything they ever recorded.

Their music was REAL! Music that spanned the spectrum from quite, contemplative, soul searching to "everybody let's dance!!"

It seems much of my life was recorded on the screen of my heart with The 5th. Dimension singing in the background. Consequently, nostalgia stops me in my tracks whenever I hear any of their songs.

Now, I can hardly believe that in a few hours I will interview the only remaining original member of this amazing group--Florence LaRue!!

My husband and I met Florence in Los Angeles a few months ago and became friends over the course of the three day Dreams to Reality Success Summit which we were all attending. I can attest that she looks the same as she did back in the 1960's when they first formed the group.

As of April 2009, the group is actively touring as "Florence LaRue & The 5th Dimension," led by Florence with Willie Williams, Leonard Tucker, Patrice Morris, and Floyd Smith.

Florence LaRue, known as the Divine Diva, will be my special guest Tuesday, September 21st.

You surely won't want to miss this episode. Florence will talk about her 44 years with the 5th Dimension--why she stayed and the highlights (and maybe some of the lowlights) of her amazing career.

Florence has agreed to talk about her education, health, charity work, solo performances, and her spirituality.

She will also share how she's managed to maintain balance in her life while balancing her life's work, motherhood and family life.

She's also agreed to share tidbits from rare and special speaking engagements she's had over the span of her career-with whom and what subjects!

Plus, she's willing to give up her beauty secrets. So, be sure you tune in for this exclusive interview with the Divine Diva of the 5th Dimension.

Tuesday, September 21st. Noon EDT (9amPDT) www.BlogTalkRadio.com/sandra-haymon

Call-in Number: (646) 929-1184

See you on the radio.

Sincerely,
Sandra - Caregiver Guru
P.S. Register for my Free Teleconference with Sherry Anshara on Friday, Sept. 24th. 4-5pm PDT

No comments:

Post a Comment